After updating mac to Mojave, I ran into problems with Ruby 2.5.1 and had to reinstall it (I use rvm for that) and re-bundle my automation project.
It looks like rvm symlinks chromedriver to its own location:
$ which chromedriver /Users/anks/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/bin/chromedriver
However, when I run my automation suite, I get:
Failure/Error: raise Error::WebDriverError, cannot_connect_error_text Selenium::WebDriver::Error::WebDriverError: unable to connect to chromedriver 127.0.0.1:9515
and the browser doesn’t start.
I don’t know for sure, but after reading this thread on Github I figured that 2 chromedrivers (one in local and one in rvm) don’t work with each other very well.
Thanks to the thread above, I managed to fix this and since I had to use this solution at least twice now, I’m putting it here for future reference.
curl https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/73.0.3683.68/chromedriver_mac64.zip -o chromedriver_mac64.zip unzip chromedriver_mac64.zip mv chromedriver /usr/local/bin chmod +x /usr/local/bin/chromedriver rm chromedriver_mac64.zip
which chromedriver still returns the rvm location. To fix this, remove the chromedriver directory:
rm -rf /Users/anks/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/bin/chromedriver
which chromedriver is properly linked to local version:
$ which chromedriver /usr/local/bin/chromedriver